Rikj000

Livello

5 apr 2019, 20:48

Belgium

FW

PS4 5.05

Help installing PSXITarch Linux on ext HDD partition

da Rikj000 » 5 apr 2019, 21:00

Hi, I hoped to install Linux on a partition on my external HDD. But after some research I found out that that's not possible... :c

Now I was wondering if it were possible to manually edit the linux loader exploit so it tries booting from the 2nd partition on the drive instead of the 1st one?
Or if someone could give me a clear explenation of why it's not possible to do this currently.

Also made a Reddit post about this topic describing how I got my HDD partitioned in more detail: (PSXITarch Linux) Help installing Linux on ext HDD partition
no avatar
User

Dagh5

Livello

16 apr 2019, 18:23

FW

ps4 slim CUH2106A

Re: Help installing PSXITarch Linux on ext HDD partition

da Dagh5 » 16 apr 2019, 18:43

I have the same proplems after successfully install I restart the ps4 and go to the browser to run payload vram3 and Iam using exsternal hdd but give me every time not enough system memory
Help me I think you have same proplem with hdd after first time successfully installed
Gave me firstly on notification these type of files is unsupported
no avatar
User

mynameispotato

Livello

13 giu 2019, 20:39

FW

4.55/5.05

da mynameispotato » 13 giu 2019, 20:42

I have the same problem
no avatar
User

Rikj000

Livello

5 apr 2019, 20:48

Belgium

FW

PS4 5.05

da Rikj000 » 14 giu 2019, 9:40

I ended up doing this, might not be what I originally wanted but hey it works: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/installing-linux-on-internal-ps4-hard-drive-hdd-5-05-loader-payload.6800/#post-134438

It's a recently released exploit to install Linux on the internal HDD of the PlayStation 4. But I have to warn you, the exploit itself is far from stable for me. Sometimes it takes me 3-4 tries before I successfully boot into Linux.